This is the new website and website location of the Vermilion County Conservation Foundation.
This also introduces our new logo and our new name!
Why the new name? It’s shorter and it avoids confusion with the Vermilion County Conservation District.
What’s new in our website? First of all, a new address. We’re now at https://vccfoundation.info.
- Our “About Us” pages include a sub-page to better acquaint you with the VCCFoundation Board of Directors. Here you’ll see pictures of the people behind the decisions the Foundation makes, but also get to know their back grounds and their contributions to this successful organization.
- The “About Us” section also includes a sub-page which introduces you with the people who make up the staff of the Vermilion County Conservation District. These are the professionals who help make the Vermilion County Parks and Perserves the best anywhere.
- It includes our mission statement and our reason for existence is also included in the “About Us” sections
- The “Events” section lists all of the major public events which take place at all of the parks and preserves of the Vermilion County Conservation District. Even though an event might have already taken place, if it appears that it will occur the next year, a description of the event will remain along with the approximate date of next years event if the exact date has not yet been determined.
- A description of all of the preserves and parks of the Vermilion County Conservation District. The descriptions include what makes the parks significant, along with major features and an interactive map showing their locations.
- An extensive description of the Kennekuk Environmental Education Center showing its progress and its future!
- A better photo gallery. We hope to add many, many more pictures from all of the events which take place at the park, as well as the various attractions.
- A “How You Can Help” page which will show you how easy it is to become a member of the Foundation. It also includes the fund-raising projects of the foundation and how you can put your support and signiture on the parks forever.
- We’ve also added many pictures and videos to help us tell the story of the VCCDistrict and the VCCFoundation.
The Vermilion County
was organized in 1984 as a 501 (C) (3) non profit corporation. The Foundation is funded through memberships, tax-deductible donations, gifts of land, stocks, insurance policies or other assets, and fund raising projects all directed to the support, maintenance, and improvement of Kennekuk County Park, Forest Glen Preserve, Heron Park, and Lake Vermilion Park.
Was held on 2016-August 13 (Saturday)- This years event was another successful one! See the pictures from 2016 on the Events Page. Thanks to everyone who attended….as well as the sponsors and the car clubs who work hard each year to make sure it is a terrific event!
Become a business sponsor of the “Cheeseburgers and Fun” in August of 2017. Call the VCCDistrict for more information at (217) 662-2142!
Corvette Cruisers of Central Illinois
Illinois Antique Auto Club
Mustang Club of Danville
I & I Antique Tractor Club
Sponsors for 2016 included:
State Representative Chad Hayes
Ceader’s Collision Repair
Daniel Ribbe Trucking
Faulstich Printing Company
Knights of Columbus
Kuchefski Heating & Air Conditioning
Alderman Michael Puhr
Rahn Equipment Company
Bob Schifo Phography
Simmons Tree Service
Sunset Funeral Home
TeePak Credit Union
Todd’s Auto Body
Vermilion Liquor North
Wright Motor Company
Add your name to the sponsors list for 2017 by calling
See more about the Kennekuk Environmental Education Center.
This video was produced in 2010, before the completion of Phase 1 of the project. The reasons for the project are clearly stated here.