2018 CHEESEBURGERS AND FUN
Beltone Hearing Aid Service – Gold
Tee Pak Credit Union – Silver
Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken & Strips – Silver
Illiana Antique Auto Club – Silver
First Farmers Bank and Trust – Silver
Mark’s Radiator Shop – Bronze
Daniel L. Ribbe Trucking, Inc. – Bronze
Danville Paper & Supply – Bronze
St. Mary’s Church – Bronze
Bott’s Locksmith – Bronze
Terminix – Bronze
Alderman Rick Strebing -Bronze
Alderman Michael Puhr – Bronze
Robinson Chiropractic – Bronze
Hall of Fame Plaques and Signs – Bronze
Sunset Funeral Homes and Memorial Park – Bronze
Bob Schifo Photography, Catlin, IL – Bronze
Watson General Tire – Bronze
ERH Enterprizes, Inc. – Bronze
Vermilion Liquor North – Bronze
Latoz Hardware – Bronze
Rahn Equipment Company – Bronze
Kuchefski Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc. – Bronze
Crowder CPA’s LTD – Bronze
Farnsworth Group – Bronze
Car Clubs and Courtesy Ford – Bronze
In Kind Donation:
Meijer – Gold
WITY – Silver
WDNL /KROCK – Silver
KISS/KOOL – Silver
Faulstich Printing – Bronze
Donate to the Eastern portion of the KRT
Construction will be starting this year. To donate go to the Kickapoo Rail Trail page and make your tax deductible donation.
December 26, 2017
Balloons Over Vermilion granted the Vermilion County Conservation Foundation $25,000 this morning for the Vermilion County portion of the Kickapoo Rail Trail. The Balloons Over Vermilion 2017 Host Class of Jessica Alyea’s students from Northeast Magnet Elementary School and the 2016 Host Class of Tia Peterson’s students from Bismarck-Henning Elementary School presented the check to VCCF Chairman Gordon Thoennes. The KRT and VCCF appreciate the support from the Balloons Over Vermilion Board of Directors for this generous donation!
Formerly the Vermilion County Conservation District FoundationWhy the new name? It’s shorter and it avoids confusion with the Vermilion County Conservation District.
What’s new in our website? First of all, a new address. We’re now at https://vccfoundation.info.
- Our “About Us” pages include a sub-page to better acquaint you with the VCCFoundation Board of Directors. Here you’ll see pictures of the people behind the decisions the Foundation makes, but also get to know their back grounds and their contributions to this successful organization.
- The “About Us” section also includes a sub-page which introduces you with the people who make up the staff of the Vermilion County Conservation District. These are the professionals who help make the Vermilion County Parks and Perserves the best anywhere.
- It includes our mission statement and our reason for existence is also included in the “About Us” sections
- The “Events” section lists all of the major public events which take place at all of the parks and preserves of the Vermilion County Conservation District. Even though an event might have already taken place, if it appears that it will occur the next year, a description of the event will remain along with the approximate date of next years event if the exact date has not yet been determined.
- A description of all of the preserves and parks of the Vermilion County Conservation District. The descriptions include what makes the parks significant, along with major features and an interactive map showing their locations.
- An extensive description of the Kennekuk Environmental Education Center showing its progress and its future!
- A better photo gallery. We hope to add many, many more pictures from all of the events which take place at the park, as well as the various attractions.
- A “How You Can Help” page which will show you how easy it is to become a member of the Foundation. It also includes the fund-raising projects of the foundation and how you can put your support and signiture on the parks forever.
- We’ve also added many pictures and videos to help us tell the story of the VCCDistrict and the VCCFoundation.
The Vermilion County
was organized in 1984 as a 501 (C) (3) non profit corporation. The Foundation is funded through memberships, tax-deductible donations, gifts of land, stocks, insurance policies or other assets, and fund raising projects all directed to the support, maintenance, and improvement of Kennekuk County Park, Forest Glen Preserve, Heron Park, and Lake Vermilion Park.
See more about the Kennekuk Environmental Education Center.