The Vermilion County
was organized in 1984 as a 501 (C) (3) non profit corporation. The Foundation is funded through memberships, tax-deductible donations, gifts of land, stocks, insurance policies or other assets, and fund raising projects all directed to the support, maintenance, and improvement of Kennekuk County Park, Forest Glen Preserve, Heron Park, and Lake Vermilion Park.
“Our mission is to support the efforts of the Vermilion County Conservation District through the conservation of our natural resources, improvement of natural and scenic areas, and enhancement of the quality of life through all resource preservation.”
Vermilion County Conservation Foundation aspires to be an organization which is committed to all natural and
wildlife resource conservation activities which ensure future growth, and scenic enhancements for public use.
This is to be accomplished through
- Continued and expanded scientific research of natural areas, water habitat, and wildlife.
- Expansion of conservation, parks, education, and educational facilities to citizens of Vermilion County, Illinois.
- Maintenance and support of capital projects, park property, and public accesses.
- Preservation of historical and natural environments.
- Promote activities within Vermilion County which encourage citizens and local businesses to support the organization through gifts of money, land, grants, stocks, insurance policies, or other assets which enhance the overall efforts.